Pages

Monday, August 16, 2010

Why I'm Not a Farmer's Market Person

I went to the farmer's market yesterday. I left stressed and annoyed.
Here's why.

1. Overhyped Coffee

The line for Blue Bottle coffee (they make one cup at a time) was ridiculously long.



I waited for farmer's market coffee once and nearly had a stroke, micromanaging the barista's time with my evil eye, waiting for 2+ minutes for my single cup. AND I couldn't taste a difference. 


2.  It's really expensive.

I ended up buying potatoes but I was sort of mad at myself. Like I'd become a sellout.

My grocery store has a beautiful selection of locally sourced organic produce. So why was I not shopping there instead?


3. Not designed for shopping.
No baskets, no counter space, no personal space. People were getting slightly aggro at the checkout.



4. Final reason

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi. You are awesome. I am going to read this one everyday. I have a blog too, but it isn't a as wonderfully cartoonarific. I feel like your drawings are really funny and sort of perfect.

Post a Comment